Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Organic Butternut Squash, Sweet Potatoes and Baked Buffalo

Tonight's dinner tasted a whole lot better than it looked. Promise.



I peeled the butternut squash and sweet potatoes from my Urban Acres share and boiled them in water. Once they were soft, I went to town with a hand mixer, some butter, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and a little dash of Florida Crystals cane sugar. Let me just say, it was sweet, creamy goodness.


Stephen baked the buffalo london broil steak that I had marinated overnight in some lemon zest, lemon juice, soy sauce and garlic. The flavor was great, but it got cooked too long. It should have been broiled, not baked, but you live and you learn.
I also got our juicer and made apple, pear, tangerine juice. It was fantastic and the kids drank it all up. We used two apples, 3 pears and one large tangerine from our share. I was tempted to make another batch. It's a great way to get fresh fruit in your kids!
Tonight's dinner was super easy to make. I did the butternut squash sweet potato mash last night, so all we had to do was heat it up. Tonight took about 20 minutes and that was mostly baking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment