I got out of Sprouts for $53.58, which means I am over by about $6. Not bad.
Sprouts was out of the frozen pizza dough, so I had to improvise. I got some small pizza crusts from the bakery. They were more expensive than the other, but I was stuck.
- Pizza Crust, $2.99
- Pearl barley from the bulk bin, $0.33
- Quick cooking oats from the bulk bin, $0.92
- Cage free eggs, $1.99 (rain check)
- Organic Valley milk, $5.99
- Soy Milk, $3.79
- Chicken breast deli meat, $3.19
- Salami, $3.99
- Grated parmesan, $2.70
- Monterey Jack, $2.34
- Shredded mozzarella, $2.31
- Raw Milk White Cheddar, $2.85
- Vanilla biscuits, $1.99
- Natural Cinnamon Square cereal, $2.50
- Organic peanut butter cereal, $2.99
- Puffed Cereal, $1.59
- Pork steak, $2.13
- Chicken breast tenders, $4.04
- Grape tomatoes, $0.99
- Navel oranges, $1.74
- Organic Jonagold apples, $2.22
My thoughts for meals this week:
- Tonight we had the personal pizzas (tomato sauce, parmesan and mozzarella cheese) and fresh juice (apple, pear, orange). I love our juicer!
- Eggplant parmesan with pasta.
- Crockpot stew made with the pearled barley, buffalo stew meat from last week, and whatever vegetables I have left fresh or pull out of the freezer.
- Baked pork steak, steamed vegetables and another side of some kind.
I need to find a recipe for something I can use the chicken in. We could also have breakfast for dinner one night. We've got tons of eggs. I'm pretty happy with how I did at the grocery store.
Have a great week!