Monday, December 27, 2010

Equal Parts Educational, Terrifying, and a Good Swift Kick in the Pants


[Image from Amazon]


I got the book The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan. I'm almost half way through it and it is, beyond a doubt, a very thought-provoking book.

It's also disturbing. It makes me want to turn my back yard into a fully functioning sustainable farm. And I've still got hundreds of pages to go.

I'm still wrapping my brain around what I've been reading and trying to digest it all.

Yeah, it's gonna take a while.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book a few months ago. I think about those CAFOs each and every time I am at a restaurant and looking at the menu. I've definitely been ordering vagetarian meals more often! Luckily my city has a few restaurants that serve only locally sourced, organic, free-range animals. My book club is reading this next month; I think I am going to get an audio copy and have it read to me this time :)

    ReplyDelete