Monday, December 6, 2010

The Best Laid Dinner Plans

Doesn't this look good?


Tonight I was excited about dinner. I got something in my Urban Acres share and had to ask my friends on facebook what it was. I posted a picture and learned that I had received bok choy. Stir fry was in my immediate future.

I chopped up some veggies from my share and sauteed them in some garlic and olive oil. (I actually sauteed the buffalo stew meat first. I had marinated it in lemon juice and soy sauce.)Then I threw the veggies, bok choy and shitake mushrooms in the same pan so it would soak up all the juices left over from the meat.

I took a picture of the finished product before I cooked the rice. It's a good thing, too, because I totally scorched the rice. I know better than to leave rice cooking on a gas stove, but I got distracted with making something else and before I knew it, I had this:

That's not wild rice, folks. No, that's charred, burned, crispy brown rice. I ate it, but no one else did. Whoops. Everything else was purty tasty, though.

No complaining here.

No comments:

Post a Comment