Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Quick Weeknight Dinner

This is the quick dinner I put together in about 15 minutes after I got home from work. The dandelion greens and roasted root vegetables were prepared on Sunday night in advance. I chopped up sweet potatoes, carrots and potatoes from our Urban Acres share, marinated them in olive oil, salt, pepper and a splash of balsamic vinegar, then roasted them in the oven until they were golden brown on the outside. Maybe 20-30 minutes?

The salmon was frozen and I put it in a baggie with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and soy sauce. The salmon marinated while it thawed overnight and during the day while we were at work. When I got home (Stephen was at soccer practice with the kids), I put it in a glass dish and baked it at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.

While the fish was cooking, I heated up the sides, sliced the banana and the homemade challah bread. (This was the second loaf I made and I'm telling you, it doesn't last but two seconds in our house!)

My daughter thought the greens were too spicy, but she otherwise cleaned her plate.

The picky eater looked at them on his plate like they were from another planet. I did get him to try the potatoes, though, after I told them they were the same as what french fries are made out of. He tried them, but didn't eat more than the bite. He did, however, eat all of his salmon. I was so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment