Saturday, January 8, 2011

Book Review: How to Shop for Free by Kathy Spencer

A few months back I discovered a youtube video about Kathy Spencer, a Boston mom who feeds her family of six on $4 per week. Yes, you read that right. I was intrigued.

I found my way to her website, How to Shop for Free, and started reading what she had to say. Then, her book came out. I got the book for Christmas from my parents and devoured it in a day.

Kathy has some excellent shopping tips in there. Some strategies she recommends I use at places like Whole Foods and Sprouts to get the best deals possible. But grocery shopping isn't the only place I can take advantage of her tips. Clothes, home decor, and drug stores, to name a few.

For example, she explains how to stack coupons with sales. I bought several Organic Valley coupons off of ebay for very little. I stacked the $1 off coupon with a sale on organic eggs at Whole Foods and was able to get a half dozen eggs for $1.79. I was also able to get oatmeal using her strategies for free.

This book is incredible. Truly. After you read it, you'll never pay full price again. For anything. I'm going to read it again and continue to see what amazing deals I can get. This is one book that's not going to be collecting dust on my bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment