Friday, January 14, 2011

Pork Lo Mein, Organic Style

The picky eater asked me to pack him ramen noodles for lunch. I decided to make some without so many chemicals and preservatives. I got some japanese somen noodles at Tom Thumb for $2.65. On the back was a recipe for lo mein that I sort of followed.

All of the organic produce I used was from an Urban Acres share. I shredded a carrot, diced a red onion and pulled out some shredded cabbage and bok choy.


I cooked the noodles according to the directions on the package which took three minutes in boiling water. I used three bundles:

I cooked the pork and garlic in olive oil until it was done, then removed the pork to a bowl and sauteed the vegetables for about five minutes, then added the noodles and pork and topped it with some soy sauce and lemon juice.


Stephen liked it. The kids asked for plain noodles. I thought it looked delicious. I was on my Mellman plan, so I didn't eat it. But I really, really wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment