Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Delicious and Super Easy Nut Butter Cookies

There's nothing quite like diving into a plate full of these:



These are so easy to make, and totally on my Mellman plan. Mix in a bowl one cup of sugar (I used organic cane sugar by Florida Crystals), one egg (Organic Valley) and one cup of any nut butter. I used cashew butter (Artisana), but since it's pricey, I substituted 1/2 cup of finely chopped cashews for 1/2 cup of the cashew butter.

Once you stir it up, it will look like this:



I added a dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract. Then used a small scoop to line them up on the Silpat (greatest invention known to cookies).


Then pop them into a 350 degree oven and set the timer for 14 minutes. About midway through, they will look like this:



Check them at the 14 minute mark. They may need another minute or two.

But DON'T GO FAR. Definitely don't get distracted by writing a blog post about the cookies. They burn to a crisp before you can upload a few pictures.

I wonder how they'll taste with that freshly burnt flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment