Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week 3 Budget Review

I was over last week by quite a bit and started this week off with $73.78 to spend. So, I looked over my local Sprouts flyer, printed off my coupons, piled into the car with my daughter, and headed out to make some deals.


The receipt is outrageously long, so I'll summarize for you:

  • Frozen pizza crust dough, Sprouts, 1.79

  • 2 dozen eggs and a gallon of organic milk

  • Grated romano cheese, 2.79

  • grated mozzarella cheese, 2.47

  • Sashimi Grade Tuna, 2,70 and 2.92

  • Bread crumbs

  • Cereal

  • Soy Milk

  • oat flour

  • pirate booty

  • snackimals

  • Kashi crackers

  • 2 small bottled water

  • Beef stew

  • chicken tenders

  • chicken sausage

  • pork sirloin roast

  • grape tomatoes

  • red apples

  • red grapes

The total rang up to be $64.82. Not bad at all!


The menu for the week I'm working on is:


1. Cheese Pizza served with fruit.


2. Chipotle Roasted Pork Sirloin with roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes.


3. Beef Stew made in the crockpot.


4. Eggplant Parmesan and baked potatoes.


5. Something with the chicken tenders and the produce we have left at the end of the week.

I was really able to stock up on some meat. I got nearly 2.5 pounds of chicken, which will last for quite a while. I have a feeling there will be some that will be available for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment