Sunday, November 28, 2010

Organic Chocolate Chip Pancakes

The little boy requested pancakes this morning. With chocolate chips. Just so happened I had all of the ingredients.

I've quit putting The Joy of Cooking back on the shelf. It is now a permanent addition to my kitchen counter. Usually propped open. It's a mighty fine cookbook.

I modified the pancake recipe slightly. Instead of using all-purpose flour, I substituted 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup of oat flour. I'm finding that this combination works. Whole wheat flour tends to be more dense, but the oat flour lightens it up a bit.
I added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. (I got these from the bulk bin at Sprouts.) Then I sprinkled a few on top and drizzled some of the maple syrup I got from the bulk bin aisle at Whole Foods.

I put some in the freezer that I can heat in the microwave on a weekday morning for a quick breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment