Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Lunch for the Kids, Organic Style

Instead of hot lunch tomorrow, my sweet kids are having homemade lunch with an organic flair.

The little girl is having tons of stuff from our Urban Acres share. She's having salad made with organic lettuce, carrots, and red and green bell peppers. She lu-uvs cherry tomatoes, so I threw in about 8 of those. (She ate the rest of the pint while sitting on the sofa watching cartoons. No, I'm not kidding. No seriously.)

I topped it with some chicken and shredded organic cheese. I packed a little ranch on the side and an apple.


My son, on the other hand, wants nothing to do with salad. So, in his lunch box is peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat organic bread (absolutely no crusts), homemade apple sauce, and some honey wheat pretzel sticks. Admittedly, his lunch isn't as rock awesome as hers, but it's baby steps with him.



It's got to be better than a barbeque sandwich on a bun, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment