Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dinner Review for Week 1

Last week we had some great meals for dinner. I did most of the cooking on Sunday and Monday night, so the rest of the week wasn't bad from a "how long did it take to prepare" perspective.

Sunday night we had the Baked Stuffed Squash.

Monday night we had Homemade Chicken Nuggets, Homemade Apple Sauce and roasted butternut squash.

Tuesday night was Squash and Broccoli casserole (recipe and pictures to come), baked salmon and baked sweet potato slices.

Wednesday night we had crockpot stew* and Homemade Sunflower Wheat Bread (recipe and pictures to follow).

Thursday night was leftovers.

*I didn't take any pictures of the stew, but it was super easy to make. I threw into a crockpot all of the leftover vegetables from the week, a diced potato, some frozen vegetables from my last Urban Acres share (onions, celery, carrots, and broccoli), frozen spinach, yellow split-peas from the bulk bin at Sprouts (about a cup?), 32 ounces of chicken stock, and a small can of tomato sauce. I also added some salt, pepper, and paprika. I didn't measure anything. I let it sit in the crockpot on low for about 8 hours and there you have it, instant dinner.

I ate a modified menu, including the Modified Fettucine Alfredo with homemade pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment