Thursday, November 4, 2010

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

I found 100 Days of Real food and have been following her blog. I borrowed her recipe for homemade chicken nuggets and modified it by substituting panko bread crumbs for her whole wheat bread crumbs. I used 1/2 pound of chicken thighs and 3/4 of a pound of chicken cutlets from Whole Foods.





I put the egg in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another. Once the chicken was breaded, I threw them in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil.


Here's what we ended up with after just a few minutes:


I served these with roasted butternut squash and homemade apple sauce. The kids were very happy with this dinner. It made about 40 nuggets (give or take, this is just an off-the-cuff guess because, honestly, I didn't count them.)

This is a definite do-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment