Saturday, November 6, 2010

Urban Acres Share Pick Up November 6

I was again super excited to go pick up our share from Urban Acres. This time my son went with me. He was very helpful, holding doors open for me when I was carrying what felt like a ton of produce.


We've got some great fruit for the coming two weeks: bananas, two different kinds of red apples, pears and oranges.


The vegetables are diverse: butternut squash, eggplant, red onions, potatoes, cauliflower, spinach, carrots, collard greens, broccoli, green and red bell peppers and lettuce. We've also got squash and fresh dill.

I'm still trying to figure out what some of it is (green leafy things that came in its own plastic bag), determine what should be eaten first and researching recipes for things I've never eaten before (um, collard greens).


My head is swirling with ideas for things to make. The apples are already in the crockpot for another batch of Homemade Apple Sauce and I've already baked a batch of Apple Oat Squares (recipe and pictures to follow).

I'm so happy we discovered Urban Acres!

No comments:

Post a Comment