- Chicken Broth (2 cups)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 stalk of broccoli, including stem, diced
- 1 cup of long grain brown rice
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 3/4 pound chicken breast tenders
- Seasoning of your choice (rub mix, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, whatever)
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and broccoli and cook them until the onions are translucent.
Add the brown rice to the pan and cook until it's light brown:
Add the chicken broth and cook until it comes to a low boil:
After it is assembled, cover it with foil and bake it in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
We added some shredded cheddar cheese after I took this picture. You can add it or not. But, this was really tasty and there were leftovers for Stephen's lunch.