I'm also trying to use up some of the meat we have in the freezer. I think we have too much in there, so I'm trying to remedy that situation. Right now we've got 3 different kinds of fish (either 6 or 10 filets, I can't remember), 3 steaks, 2 pork chops, 1 ham hock, and some chicken breasts.
So, here we go:
- Taco night (requested by my son)
- Spaghetti (requested by the Hubs) with a salad (requested by my daughter) and garlic bread
- Fish, salad, rice or quinoa and a vegetable
- Steak, salad, frozen vegetable (likely corn since that is nearly the only vegetable my son will eat)
- Quiche made with the CSA produce and fruit on the side
And my Pinterest Recipes of the Week are:
Also, as a side note, last week I bought the salmon and marinated it in olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. I put it in a ziploc bag it in the refrigerator. Later that day I decided we needed to use other food first (before it went bad), so I took a chance and tossed the marinating salmon in the freezer. I'm happy to say that after I thawed it out and baked it, it was delicious. I will probably do that again since it was so easy.