Friday, April 13, 2012

Weekly Menu Planning

Another exciting menu plan for this week. Have you started noticing a pattern? Ha! The Texas Daily Harvest CSA starts this week. I'm not entirely sure what will be in it, but I do know it will be predominantly greens (spinach, chard, lettuce, etc.)  It gets delivered Tuesday, so I'm building that loosely into the menu plan.  I'm going to have to be flexible.

I'm also trying to use up some of the meat we have in the freezer.  I think we have too much in there, so I'm trying to remedy that situation.  Right now we've got 3 different kinds of fish (either 6 or 10 filets, I can't remember), 3 steaks, 2 pork chops, 1 ham hock, and some chicken breasts.

So, here we go:
  • Taco night (requested by my son)
  • Spaghetti (requested by the Hubs) with a salad (requested by my daughter) and garlic bread
  • Fish, salad, rice or quinoa and a vegetable
  • Steak, salad, frozen vegetable (likely corn since that is nearly the only vegetable my son will eat) 
  • Quiche made with the CSA produce and fruit on the side
And my Pinterest Recipes of the Week are:
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches and Homemade Ranch (the powdered variety).  I love Pinterest.

Also, as a side note, last week I bought the salmon and marinated it in olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.  I put it in a ziploc bag it in the refrigerator. Later that day I decided we needed to use other food first (before it went bad), so I took a chance and tossed the marinating salmon in the freezer.  I'm happy to say that after I thawed it out and baked it, it was delicious.  I will probably do that again since it was so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment