I try to mix things up a bit, but we stick to a pretty simple formula: protein, fruit or vegetable, side item. The side item might be rice or a second vegetable. Or sometimes, we'll go rogue and not have a side item.
I keep finding all of these amazing recipes on Pinterest, so I'm going to try to make at least one new one each week. This week's new Pinterest recipe is for Quinoa Jambalaya courtesy of Oxygen Magazine.
|This Looks Delicious|
- Quinoa jambalaya with shrimp and sausage
- Homemade pizza and fruit
- Nachos with beef, refried beans, avocado and homemade salsa compliments of my brother
- Baked chicken, rice, strawberries and garlic bread (yes, double carbs)
- Salmon (marinated in soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper then baked), corn, salad and fruit
- Breakfast for dinner: bacon and eggs