Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Final Countdown

A few weeks ago I turned 39.  I didn't like it.  Because that means next birthday I'll be 40.

40.

Forty.

Blech.

I don't want to be overweight and unhealthy when I turn 40.  I want to be in kick-ass shape and be accused of being a MILF when I'm 40. I want to embrace 40.

Yes, yes I do.

I have 11 months.

So, the CSA and the organic food is only part of it.  The other part is getting a handle on how much food I'm consuming and exercise (which right now doesn't happen at all).

Stephen and I talked about it and decided to make an investment in us.  We joined a very nice athletic club about a two minute drive from our house.  We could walk there if we were so inclined.

As part of joining, we each get a session with a nutritionist and three sessions with a personal trainer.  The first session will be an assessment as to where we are. (This scares me.)  The other two sessions will be to show us the exercise program they've put together for each of us.

I'm excited and hopeful.  I can't wait to meet with the nutritionist and learn about food and what we should be feeding our bodies.  It's going to be a great opportunity to teach our kids.  Our kids are very healthy, slim and active in sports. We need to match our children!

I'll take a before picture and track my progress.  I want a strong, healthy body.  Think Jennifer Garner in Alias.  That's what I'm after.

It's going to be a lot of hard work, but I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. The trainer is the best investment you will ever make! I hope it's helping you on your road to fitness!

    ReplyDelete